A Big Guide to a Short Month
Although February may be the shortest month, Philadelphia packs it full of fun things to do. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or just looking for an escape from the everyday, the City of Brotherly Love has something for everyone. So, put on your coat, grab a warm, delicious soft pretzel, and jump headfirst into these exciting adventures.
History Geeks, Rejoice
- Leap into the Past: Celebrate Black History Month at the African American Museum, National Constitution Center, or the Franklin Institute. All are offering special exhibits, tours, and activities highlighting the contributions of African Americans.
- Unearth Revolutionary Gems: Take a self-guided walk through Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were signed, feeling the weight of history in every step.
- Explore Beyond the Liberty Bell: Delve deeper into Philly’s revolutionary past at hidden gems like the Betsy Ross House or the Museum of the American Revolution, offering unique perspectives on our fight for independence.
Foodies Are Always Welcome
- Center City District Restaurant Week:From February 12th to 19th, indulge in prix-fixe menus at top restaurants across Center City, exploring diverse cuisines without breaking the bank.
- Celebrate Lunar New Year:Immerse yourself in the vibrant sights and tastes of Lunar New Year celebrations in Chinatown, featuring traditional dishes, lion dances, and festive decorations.
Outdoor Family Fun
- Glide into a Good Time: Lace up your skates at Dilworth Park’s Rothman Orthopaedics Ice Rink at City Hall, offering free skating on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Explore Franklin Square: Each winter, the park transforms into a winter wonderland with massive light displays, ice skating, and seasonal treats.
Expect the Unexpected
- Catch a Candlelight Concert: Experience classical, hip hop, and modern music in a magical new light with these unique concerts set in beautifully lit venues around the city.
- Get Inspired at Philly Fashion Week: Immerse yourself in style with runway shows, designer talks, and pop-up shops showcasing the latest trends.
- Build Your Dream Home or Garden: Get inspired for spring at the Philly Home + Garden Show, featuring stunning displays, expert advice, and innovative products for home improvement enthusiasts.
This is just a taste of what February in Philadelphia has to offer. With its rich history, diverse culture, and exciting events, the city guarantees a memorable experience for all. So, bundle up, embrace the winter chill, and discover the wonder of winter in Philadelphia!
- Check out Visit Philadelphia’s website for a comprehensive event calendar and up-to-date information on all the happenings in the city.
- Consider purchasing a CityPASS for discounted entry to Philly’s top attractions.
- Dress warmly, as February can be chilly and unpredictable.
- Be sure to book tickets for popular events in advance, especially during peak times like Valentine’s Day weekend.
Written by Jenna, a local expert guide for Philly Crawling. A recent escapee from the corporate world, she enjoys volunteering and spending time with family. She’s a pet lover, self-proclaimed beer geek, travel enthusiast, and aspiring foodie. Join Jenna for history and beer on Philly Crawling’s Liberty Pub Crawl.